Saturday, December 22, 2012

Traditional frothy goodness - Honoring my Grandma - Gluten Free Orange Julius

Looking for a great tasty treat? well a drink that is non-alcoholic?
My Grandma is in my thoughts today, so I went looking for a great Orange Julius recipe. Why?  I fondly remember being in Toronto Canada, and seeing an orange, big as a bus front, with person sweetly set inside the James and the Giant Peach..... and they made these great frothy succulent drinks that my bought ans shared.  She told me of times she remembered in New York, and how they used to purchase one for a treat.....
so I wanted to honor her.  
here is one I found that you might find delightful. 
The Budget Savvy Diva says:
What You Need
6 oz. can frozen concentrated orange juice ( of course check the label for purity that it is just orange juide)
1 cup milk (you could use soy milk or almond milk)
1 cup water
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (make sure you are using Gluten free vanilla)
8 or more ice cubes
1 Tablespoon of Instant Vanilla Pudding Powder (check that this is gluten free as well)
What To Do
Place all ingredients in a blender except for the ice cubes.
Blend until mixed
Add ice cubes one at a time  – blend until smooth.
"Enjoy :) I always place the mix in the freezer for about 15 minutes."
credit for the recipe.budgetsavvydiva.com
She found it HERE 

No comments:

Post a Comment