Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Facts and figures - Do you know them?

I want to make sure this out there for people to find.
  • Celiac disease is an autoimmune digestive disease that damages the villi of the small intestine and interferes with absorption of nutrients from food.
  • One in 133 Americans have celiac disease.
  • Three million Americans across all races, ages and genders suffer from celiac.
  • 95% of celiacs are undiagnosed or misdiagnosed with other conditions.
  • 10 years is the average time a person waits to be correctly diagnosed.
  • 17% of celiac patients have an immediate family member who also has celiac.
Celiac disease can lead to a number of other disorders including infertility, reduced bone density, neurological disorders, some cancers, and other autoimmune diseases.
http://bit.ly/9iQClx
I get sick of hearing:
- but it is too expensive to go gluten free.
- Well I do it sometimes, that helps right?
- But once I go gluten free, can I eat wheat again?
- But I feel fine except x,y,z symptoms.
- That just sounds like alot of work, can't they just make a pill?

Seriously, this is hard work, if you make it hard. Diligence is the lifestyle, true, but being healthy and feeling healthy are two different things.
Feeling like you spent enough to be healthy with a gluten free diet? Guess how much uninsured cancer surgery costs?
[lower end $20,000]
Why would you think sometimes is good? Do you think, I eat healthy cause Monday/Wednesday/Friday I don't drink poison? But the other days... I drink bleach...
Gluten free, is the only and I mean only cure for celiacs disease, in fact cure is not the best term, it is the best way to alleviate the body of suffering more or the symptoms getting worse.
Most see symptoms reduce and many see the body heal. But if left to be contaminated again, and again... how can the body ever heal?

No comments:

Post a Comment