Thursday, November 29, 2012

One serving Black forest Cake!

Winter soups and stew are marvelous. I have been working on those too. But as the simple chocolate cake recipe flourished in the past couple of days.  I find that I was trying to figure out how to have friends come over for tea... while being reading with dessert. 
When the mug cake or ramekin mircrowave recipe started my cake lover mind moving.
I love cake and the frosting and the filling and the layers and the complex design of a confectionery delight.
Being
- Gluten Free
- Nightshade Free
- Dairy free
has been challenging in how to maintain a healthy balance of treats and wholesome food that haven't gotten boring.

so I decided to experiment... Yes... this is really from the Quincidence Kitchen!
recipe as before.  except for these modifications.

Things you can add to the recipe for something special.
dash of cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
either or both

If you don't have problem with Nightshades... you could always add cayenne pepper.

Well, what did I do?

I added two dashes of cinnamon, a dash of nutmeg, and poured the mixture into ramekins.
Microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds.

Spoon Tablespoons of cherry pie filling onto one ramekin.
the other ramekin I spread a lovely creamy mixture of 1 tablespoon honey, 1/2 cup sour cream tofutti, 1/2 cup cream cheese tofutti, this mixture is an awesome frosting!  so spoon on the cake mixture onto the cherries, figure out what will work for you....
But here is what mine looked like.

I then poor

No comments:

Post a Comment